ADTV
Popular
Informers

- Exchange Rates
- Webcams
- Weather in Ukraine
- Links
- Ukrainian TV online
- Ukrainian radio online
- Storm warning

Trinitary roman catholic church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town

Ukraine » Landmarks of Ukraine »
Khmelnytskyi reg.ReligiousXVI-XVIII
Map of Trinitary roman catholic church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town
Trinitary roman catholic church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town
Album of Trinitary roman catholic church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town


Trinitarsky church was built in the years 1750-1765 in the Baroque style of stone. He was a complex of buildings trinitarskogo monastery. Construction was carried out on voluntary donations. The main facade is decorated with pilasters of the Tuscan order, completed a pediment adorned with statues and vases. The gate of the church are decorated with statues of Jean de Matha and Felix de Valois - the founders Trinitarskogo monastic order. Stairs leading to the gate, fenced parapet on which the statue of the Virgin Mary.

In 1842 the monastery was closed and the church became a parish. In the church there were seven altars. The main altar was dedicated to the Holy Trinity and Jesus Nazareth. In 1907 he was made a new main altar of the local stone, has survived to our time. The dark local stone differs diligent finish particularly well polished columns of the altar. Some parts of the altar decorated with applications of artificial marble. At the altar of the Mother of God, the eastern wall, there was a wooden pulpit from which were read a sermon.

After the 1917 revolution, the church for some time remained in force. He suffered during the Great Patriotic War: part of the roof was destroyed. After the war, the church housed funds Khmelnytsky Oblast State Archive.

In 1977-1984 were held and restoration work, which, however, have not touched the interior of the church. In 1992, out of the church were removed and the archive of the same year he transferred to the Greek Catholic community. April 26, 1992 in the church began to take regular worship. Significantly changed the interior of the church, and now the Church of St.. Josaphat. The walls are whitewashed, so clearly supports molding baroque church. Icons are decorated with embroidered towels. In the southern part of the church installed a wooden iconostasis. In the recess of the main altar, a statue of the Mother of God.

Address: Starobulvarny descent.
Dmytro Chernenko
19.08.2010

Comments:

Add your comment: