ADTV
Popular
Informers

- Exchange Rates
- Webcams
- Weather in Ukraine
- Links
- Ukrainian TV online
- Ukrainian radio online
- Storm warning

Holy Cross Church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town

Ukraine » Landmarks of Ukraine »
Khmelnytskyi reg.ReligiousXIX
Map of Holy Cross Church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town
Holy Cross Church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town
Album of Holy Cross Church, Kamianets-Podilskyi town


Holy Cross Church is situated on the outskirts of the city (Karvasary) on the narrow coastal strip of river Smotrich, under the walls of the old castle. Built in 1799-1801 in place of the church that existed in the XVII century.

The foundation is made of limestone. Three-frame, one dome with a porch and sacristy on the north side and built in the west tower. All three frames for the church and the fourth - belfry - square in plan. It has two entrances - the northern wall of the bell tower and the north side of the central framework. Typical for Podillya construction with a broader and higher three-tier central log cabins.

The monument is a striking piece Podillya School of Wooden Architecture.
Dmytro Chernenko
08.07.2010

Comments:

Add your comment: